About Me

My Photo
Funmi Iyanda
Lagos, Nigeria
Funmi Iyanda is a multi award-winning producer and broadcast journalist. She is the CEO of Ignite Media and Executive Director of Creation Television
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing Around Your Neck

Last week, was at Chimamanda’s book reading to coincide with her new book going on sale nationally in America. Ran into a few bloggers and Teju Cole then went to dinner with Chimamanda and her peeps including the beautiful Zadie Smith and Lola Ogunnaike of CNN


Teju and I

Chimamanda signs the books










me, Zadie Smith

IV, Chimamanda

me, Ezinne and friend

Hlonipha, Chimamanda, me and Lola

What is she thinking?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Funmi, I can't believe I can reach you here!


Anyway, its so difficult to find Chimamanda's books, wonder why? I'm in Kaduna/Kano axis, can you tell me where to find them around here?

As a writer (wannabe???), I am in awe of this lady's talent.. can I also reach her somehow?

Stella Kodi said...

I was so excited about her new book, having read the others. But was disappointed that the signing in Los Angeles was cancelled without announcement, and I drove there 70mi...I guess that's what makes me a super fan.