About Me

My Photo
Funmi Iyanda
Lagos, Nigeria
Funmi Iyanda is a multi award-winning producer and broadcast journalist. She is the CEO of Ignite Media and Executive Director of Creation Television
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Of Vanities

This months Vanity Fair might have its shortcomings but it also has some pretty good brownie points. I highly recommend it. My favourites are Binyavanga Wainaina's article on Kenya, Brad Pitts interview with Desmond Tutu, and the article on Jeff Sachs especially the anecdote on Museveni and that last telling paragraph.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

didnt really fancy that desmond tutus interview cause he came off as encouraging gay-ness if thats a word...or maybe i read it wrong but i just felt that was wrong especially as a christian but all in all it was a nice spread!

Anonymous said...

Just read it. The interview with Brad Pitt and Desmond Tutu makes me love Brad even more. Hot and pretty intelligent too.

Funmi Iyanda said...

@ bhookey84 thats the point of the interview. You do not have to share a persons world view, opinions or religion to respect or appreciate them as humans. it also does not mean you agree with them or are encouraging them. Jesus was the finest example of this.

@anonymous, my sentiments exactly

Ms. Catwalq said...

i thought I was loosing my mind when i kept walking by the newsstand and seeing a new cover every day....

most people who advocate for us have a warped and incompletye view of the continent.