About Me

My Photo
Funmi Iyanda
Lagos, Nigeria
Funmi Iyanda is a multi award-winning producer and broadcast journalist. She is the CEO of Ignite Media and Executive Director of Creation Television
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BRF’S BRT

Okay I am almost afraid to say it given how vehemently opposed I was to it but (stage whisper) he be like say this BRT thing wan work o. It is only the first day so I must wait and see and send my people out tomorrow to talk with every one from commuters to road users to LASMA officials and okada/danfo/molue/BRT bus drivers so I can get a more balanced viewpoint. I may have a big mouth but I also like to think I have a fair heart so against all my public yabis and disagreement, today, the BRT thing worked. From Alaka to old toll gate which I travelled on including at pick rush hour(s) there was sanity, the traffic was light or non existent and people were on queue (albeit long) at bus stops, the danfos and molues sedately drove, the highway was crawling with LASTMA officials with walkie talkies and on okada, I even saw one trying to start a stalled danfo bus. Dare I hope? Dare we?

7 comments:

Omolola said...

It had better work.Not with all the money spent on the idea.We all thot it was crazzy,but silently prayed for it 2 work.

Eni + Anu said...

I don't know why Nigerians don't like to document events. We just don't understand the importance of information I guess. Is there a website for this BRT development?

Sherri said...

i remain hopeful.

Anonymous said...

ofcourse its going to work. yall Nigerians need to stop being pessimistic and support the program by taking the bus everyday.

leave ur cars at home and take the bus.

Anonymous said...

ofcourse its going to work. yall Nigerians need to stop being pessimistic and support the program by taking the bus everyday.

leave ur cars at home and take the bus.

Anonymous said...

The BRT, good idea, more work needed. There's no bus stop at alaka and trying to get to ikorodu is discouraging when u think about walking from alaka to stadium under the hot sun. Even worse, at the ikorodu garage, its hard to locate where the bus stop is if u are not a resident.

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

make i leave my car for house ke? i dont know jare, but i am hopefull that this will make sense at some point, i really am hopefull