About Me

My Photo
Funmi Iyanda
Lagos, Nigeria
Funmi Iyanda is a multi award-winning producer and broadcast journalist. She is the CEO of Ignite Media and Executive Director of Creation Television
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, March 01, 2010

Fear and the Female

Excellent piece Temitayo. Sure yet tentative, questing but clear minded. I really like it. The issues raise are universal and subliminal to the question of gender/human equality. In Nigeria particularly, the Nigerian woman, like the Nigerian person is complicit in her own powerlessness. The reasons are understandable but gets less and less forgivable especially amongst the formally well educated. Like the Nigerian state, the Nigerian woman is set up to fail, but the scale of failure is firmly her responsibility.

I suspect that you are spot on in identifying a visceral cloying but often-surmountable fear at the root of it. I hope you win the essay, tits up!
What am I talking about? Read this.

Now vote for her.

0 comments: